From Marion Center, Pennsylvania, USA:

My daughter is going through many growth changes at four years of age. Why does this cause such a change in her glucose numbers? She has pretty normal numbers for a while and then she will have two days of highs.

This is an often observed problem. Why? I'm not certain I will be able to tell you. Insulin gets old and at the end of its use we see highs, often a signal to change vials Plus, children do outgrow the dose. Sometimes the food, activity and mild illnesses conspire together to make highs. I tell parents to follow the numbers and correct the highs. I truly try to see a pattern before changing basic management.