Question:

From La Paz, Bolivia:

Can I use the Injex 30 system with my child? Do you have any comments about this device?

Answer:

The last time I saw an Injex was about eight years ago. It is a "needle-free" injection device that is large and not terribly portable. To cock the mechanism, you had to manipulate the device within it's carrying case. I recall the device being over 8 inches long and about an inch wide. There were specific pieces that were required that would require periodic replacement.

I felt that the whole effort just to avoid a needle was just too much hassle. And, apparently my needlephobic patients thought so also as I was never able to get anyone to try it. The children were afraid and the parents overwhelmed. Perhaps an adult with diabetes requiring injections who always took shots at home would like this device. I didn't know it was still manufactured, as I haven't seen it marketed for so long.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Other