From Delhi, India:

My four-year-old son has type 1 diabetes. He was diagnosed eight months ago and is on Lantus and NovoRapid. Almost every morning, he is complaining of muscular pain in his hand and leg. What would cause this? Generally, his fasting blood sugar is 47 mg/dl [2.6 mmol/L] to 95 mg/dl [5.3 mmol/L]. Postprandially, he runs from 55 mg/dl [3.1 mmol/L] to 210 mg/dl [11.7 mmol/L]. His last A1c was 9.6%.

I'm unsure why your son would be having muscle pains in his hands and legs. I doubt that it is related to his diabetes. I would review his complaints with your pediatrician for more detailed advice.

Posted to Aches and Pains