From Cincinnati, Ohio, USA:

Should we avoid bisphenol A, found in hard plastics, on account of an alleged link with diabetes?

About four or five months ago, the Cincinnati Enquirer had an article about a University of Cincinnati researcher/scientist who was an avid climber who loved the hard plastic water bottles he used, but he was now was avoiding them due to how much they leach bisphenol A into the water in them. He did his own research in his laboratory. Since bisphenol A is in dental sealants, should they be avoided?

This concern is unwarranted since the material, if it could cause a problem, is in such a minute quantity that the source is most likely from other plastics. In addition, the benefits of prevention to prevent tooth decay is vitally important. Furthermore, sealants work. I have had two in my mouth for over 20 years.

See also the American Dental Association's statement on Bisphenol A and Dental Sealants, Composite Dental Fillings.