Question:

From Alabama, USA:

My child's doctor is great. He put her on an insulin pump when my child was three, which was something that was not done at the time. It worked wonderfully for us. Her A1c was higher this visit, so he asked if we wanted to use Apidra in the insulin pump. But, I'm not sure if Apidra is used in insulin pumps a lot and was wondering if anyone else is doing that and if there are any problems in doing so? Is there an increased incidence of site reactions or allergic reactions to Apidra or are there any other problems? We normally use NovoLog in the pump.

Answer:

I've had a few patients use it. There are no differences compared to NovoLog or Humalog that we could tell clinically or from glucose logs/diaries.

Posted to Insulin Analogs and Insulin Pumps