From Mississauga, Ontario, Canada:

I have a nine-year-old boy who seems to urinate frequently. What constitutes "excessive urination" for a boy his age? How much should a boy his age be urinating? How much should he be drinking? I'm confused as to what is too much.

I would suggest comparing him to other peers. Typically, children urinate three or four times a day, but that can be variable. If he were drinking or urinating excessively compared to how much he drank or voided several months ago -- or significantly more than his peers, I would review those concerns with your pediatrician in a timely manner.

Posted to Other and Diagnosis and Symptoms