Question:

From High Ridge, Missouri, USA:

I've found out that when my five-year-old granddaughter visits with her dad, on some days, he only feeds her 10 grams of food at 3:30 p.m. and then does not feed her again until the morning. This does not seem good, in my opinion. I know this because I have seen the journal he keeps.

Answer:

This sounds like an unusual situation. Have you talked to your granddaughter's father about this and asked her father what your granddaughter eats when they are together? Then, you can discuss your concerns and discuss what you think your granddaughter should be eating. If you do not agree with what he is doing, you both may want your granddaughter's diabetes health care team to clarify how many carbohydrates they would like her to eat from 3:30 p.m. on.

DB

Posted to Meal Planning, Food and Diet and Daily Care