From Zion, Illinois, USA:

We are still waiting for the results of the antibody tests my daughter had done and were sent to Denver. It takes four to six weeks. The first set of tests showed negative antibodies, but two of them, the ICA 512 autoantibodies and the 21-hydroxylase autoantibodies were positive on the low end. The doctor said that it was a low chance that she will get diabetes soon, but he said it's not impossible. He said she would be a good candidate for the NIH TrialNet study. If she doesn't have it, why does she qualify for the study? What do slightly positive readings for the antibody test show? Will she eventually get it, just not soon? I am confused. Does this mean she won't get it?

Great questions. It is best to encourage a leisurely consultation with your doctor so you can be assured of satisfactory time. In brief, higher titre results and greater multiplicity of abnormal results increase risk. Many other factors are still unknown. Individual risks of prevention trials MUST be weighed against risk likelihood. This remains an individual family decision. Sorry we do not yet have better answers.