Question:

From Michigan, USA:

I was considering trying the Animas IR 1250 or 2020. I was wondering what benefits it has offered other users. I am currently using a MiniMed 508. The Paradigm and Cozmo pumps didn't contain what I need in a pump. I went back to my 508 for the simplicity and slimline feature as well as the option to choose a much wider variety of infusion sets. What have users said? What is the size comparison between my current MiniMed model and the two Animas models? Which is the smallest?

Answer:

Selecting an insulin pump is a very personal decision. As you've noted, you've already decided that some pumps don't meet your needs, while others do. Your diabetes team should be able to arrange for you to see each of the currently available insulin pumps side by side to help you make a decision about size. You can also call each pump company and ask to meet with their local sales or clinical representative to learn about the features of each pump to help you decide.

You might also want to consider coming to a Children with Diabetes conference, where pump companies offer trials using saline.

JSH

Posted to Insulin Pumps