From Ireland:

I have had type 2 for three years. I take oral medications for blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol, etc. For the past few weeks, I have been checking my blood and it has never been under 15 mmol/L [270 mg/dl]. Recently, it has been in the 20s mmol/L [over 360 mg/dl] and I still feel okay. I was not feeling extra tired or anything. I'm drinking a lot more than ever did, but I'm not passing much urine during the day. At night, I sweat like crazy and I could visit the toilet about 10 or 11 times. I get several hot flushes on and off during the day which I find very embarrassing and uncomfortable when it does happen. Should I contact my doctor and get his opinion?

Yes, you need to see your diabetes care provider. Your symptoms are consistent with hyperglycemia experienced in the short-term. These symptoms are likely to improve significantly with improved blood sugar control. You need to see your diabetes care provider to determine what the next best step is for you.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Type 2