Question:

From Charlottesville, Virginia, USA:

Is is possible for a child with diabetes to have memory loss?

This was not the first incident, but it is happening at school. According to the numbers that are being reported home, there has been no change in blood sugar. He is seven years old and has been recognized as excelling in math until this past two weeks. He is now struggling to understand concepts and placement of numbers. I am concerned, but don't know if this is related to his diabetes or if I should contact his regular doctor.

Answer:

As long as his blood sugar isn't low, it shouldn't be related to diabetes.