From Harper, Kansas, USA:

My son has been chosen as a "People to People Ambassador" to Europe. This mean that he will be traveling there for 19 days this summer. Where do we find some information on carbohydrate counting for the international foods that he will be eating?

Congratulations to your son. It sounds like he will have a wonderful time in Europe this summer.

With regards to meal planning for overseas foods, I would suggest that your son do some homework ahead of time and ask people from the "People to People Ambassador" program if they can provide a sample of the types of foods and beverages he will be enjoying while in Europe. Once known, he can find carbohydrate counts for these foods on various web site carbohydrate counting calculators and databases. One I suggest is CalorieKing. With carbohydrate counts known ahead of time, there will be less pressure during the traveling to try to estimate accurate carbohydrate counts.

I hope your son enjoys his travels.