Question:

From Louisiana, USA:

My non diabetic son went for an antibody test through TrialNet. This was his second year doing the test. They called and told me that his test came back negative, but his ICA 512 went from -11 last year to -7 this year. What, if anything, does this mean?

Answer:

You should discuss these results with the folks at TrialNet, but the more times negative, the better. A minor change in titers, however, is generally not very significant and mostly "noise" of the antibody assay. Your diabetes team should be able to explain more specifically.

Posted to Other and Research: Causes and Prevention