Question:

From Irving, Texas, USA:

My son's 504 was put into place on March 31, 2008. The school notified me today that I was responsible for conducting a meeting or renew his management plan/504, since one year was approaching. I can't find anything that states otherwise, only if/when he changes school will this be necessary. Can you please help me with how to handle this?

Answer:

Section 504 Plans are usually updated annually - either at the end of the current school year or right before the commencement of the next school year. It is the school's reasonability to convene a meeting of the team to update the plan. For more information, see the ADA's web page on School Discrimination and call 1-800-DIABETES and ask for ADA's school discrimination packet.

CJ

Posted to School and Daycare