From Texas, USA:

Lately, when my son has been playing outside, he will come in the house with broken blood vessels in his fingers, usually because he fell or hit his fingers against something. He has been diabetic for six and a half years. Could testing for that long weaken the blood vessels in his fingers to where they could break more easily? It has happened twice in the past week. If so, what should I do to help prevent that? We do rotate fingers every time we test. We test 10 to 12 times per day.

I'm not sure I understand. Does he go outside and then bleed from a previous test site? If so, try sticking a little less deep; you just need the sample. If you are testing 10 times, you might even consider learning about other sites where you can test. See our page on Alternate Site Testing. If he were bruising, then would it be in other places, too? If that were the case, he would need to see a doctor.

To reiterate, I just don't totally understand your question.