From Florida, USA:

I went on a web site to determine my BMI. It came out to be a 43.1. I became extremely concerned since I am considered to be obese. I decided to research the risks for obesity and I came across diabetes. I realized that I am constantly thirsty, I urinate quite frequently, I feel hungry most of the time, and I have blurry vision. Sometimes, when I eat, my stomach begins to feel tight and I cannot digest my food properly so I vomit. Also, there are times when I feel weak and my hands shake. When this happens, I gorge down anything, particularly something that contains sugar, and, after 30 minutes or so, I feel better. There are also times when I eat a bowl of ice cream or a candy bar (pretty much anything that contains sugar) that my heart would beat a little faster than normal and I would feel sick. Plus, I would lie in bed for only a minute and either my right/left arm would begin to feel numb. Is there a good chance that I have diabetes?

With your BMI and the symptoms of increased thirst, blurry vision, and increased urination, you need to be evaluated for the presence of diabetes. You need to make an appointment with your primary doctor and a simple blood test can be done that will answer the question. I would encourage you to do so as you are very much at risk and have symptoms suggestive of the condition.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Type 2