From Delhi, India:

My nine-year-old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 about two years ago. Her blood sugars still fluctuate a lot. I saw the recent news articles in which Lantus injections were linked with cancer. Is this fact or rumor? What type of cancer? Should we take our daughter off Lantus and switch to Levemir? This is very disappointing news.

It seems there were two studies that showed some statistical link while two others did not. The studies were done only in adults with type 2 diabetes and there was no evidence at all in kids. ISPAD, ADA, EASD, and AACE all do not recommend switching. After reviewing these web sites, you might want to discuss this with your diabetes team.

Posted to Insulin Analogs