From Willamina, Oregon, USA:

My 23-year-old son has had type 1 diabetes for more than 11 years. For several years, he has had severe stomach pain, which has been diagnosed as gastroparesis. We are looking for treatment options and there seem to be very few. He is hardly able to eat anything. I came across an herbal treatment called Segratax. Please let me know if you are familiar with this treatment and, if so, is it safe? He has tried different non-medical things such as small meals, brisk walks, and stomach exercises with no relief. I am worried sick and not sure where to turn. Please let me know if you are aware of any viable safe treatments. My son has no insurance and we are trying to get assistance through the state. Any assistance would be very much appreciated!

I have to say that I am not familiar with the herbal product you have mentioned. Gastroparesis is a very difficult problem to treat. It also makes blood sugar control very difficult. I would highly recommend making sure you are working with a specialist in gastroenterology.

Posted to Other Medications and Complications