From North Carolina, USA:

Now 50, I have had type 1 diabetes for 46 years. I have been very fortunate in my life! I know nothing else but diabetes. I am wondering about erythema multiforme and its "possible" cause of the onset of diabetes. Prior to being diagnosed in 1963, I had a rash which my family physician called erythema multiforme. Is such a rash related to measles and has any study been done to show that it (erythema multiforme) may be a precursor to type 1 diabetes? Are there any known case studies that prove there IS a "connection" between erythema multiforme and type 1 diabetes, especially in young children?

There is no known association of diabetes with erythema multiforme. There are nonspecific increases of all kinds of viral illnesses as precipitants of type 1 diabetes with speculation, but no consistent proof, of causality.