From United States:

Is it possible to infuse magnesium sulfate (in solution) subcutaneously via insulin pump and would it work in a consistent manner? Currently, I have to get it via I.V. because I require 4 grams every week. It would be much more practical (and less painful) to use a second pump to administer the magnesium. I have another pump so that's not an issue.

Micromedex indicates that magnesium sulfate can be given intravenously or intramuscularly. I do not see how this can be used effectively with a subcutaneous pump.

Posted to Other Medications