From Ithaca, New York, USA:

I am the school nurse for a type 1 diabetic and am looking for specific resources to help me help him/her cope better with his/her emotional needs.

How wonderful to hear from a school nurse and I applaud your efforts at supporting your student with diabetes. Please browse this web site for all kinds of information and support, books, resources. For knowledge and reference on coping with diabetes, I am particularly fond of Understanding Diabetes by Peter Chase at the Barbara Davis Center. You can read some chapters at this link as well as purchase the book. It is a great reference. Please look into diabetes camp for your student as it is a huge way for a child with diabetes to learn that there are so many others and all kinds of people with diabetes. This web site also lists information/links to Camps for Children with Diabetes.