From Rochester, New York, USA:

Can extreme dizziness and shortness of breath be caused by high blood sugars? I often become so dizzy and short of breath while doing everyday things. I have to sit down multiple times while getting ready in the morning and become worn out climbing a flight of stairs. My blood sugars have not been well controlled over the past year and I am wondering if this could cause these problems. In the past, I was very active, but due to issues this past year, I have not exercised much. My cholesterol and blood pressure are fine and my doctor ran other tests and found no other problems. She seems to think this is all caused by high blood sugar. Is this possible?

You can feel badly when your blood sugars are high. You should be able to correlate your symptoms with your measured blood sugar so you can give your physician feedback about this. The specific symptoms can include shakiness, lightheadedness, and palpitations.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Other