From Raigarh, Chattisgarh, India:

I am type 2 diabetic, a Muslim and a weak student. I don't have enough courage to commit suicide and I am quite emotional, too. I am a burden to my parents. I can't get married when I will be of that age because I have diabetes. These things terrorize and discourage me a lot. I have no friends. Please tell me how to I can manage to live better despite all my difficulties and problems.

Please talk with your diabetes team. You are clearly hurting a great deal, and you believe that diabetes is going to prevent you from achieving your goals. However, your beliefs about diabetes are not accurate. Diabetes should not prevent you from achieving your goals. It is a difficult disease, and it is exhausting to care for, but it is completely possible to manage it well, stay healthy, and live a long and productive life. You need to get the information you need to help you learn how to manage this illness well, stay healthy, and pursue the goals you have for your own life. In addition to talking with your diabetes team, please gather information by using the Internet. Web sites such as this one and others such as the American Diabetes Association and National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC) can give you very important information about how to manage type 2 diabetes. There is lots and lots of hope, but the first step is to have the information you need to be able to move on. Please do that as soon as possible.

Posted to Mental Health and Type 2