From Toronto, Canada:

For the last two weeks or so, my daughter has been complaining a lot about cramps in her legs and arms and stomach aches. Is this something about which I should be concerned?

I think your daughter should first check for ketones in order to avoid the even remote possibility of a mild ketone overproduction in a pump user. If this were excluded, good metabolic control would be confirmed by her A1c values. I don't see any other possible relationship between type 1 diabetes in an adolescent and those symptoms.

[Editor's comment: Also check with your diabetes team about periodic testing your daughter should be having, including tests for celiac and thyroid function. Stomach aches may or may not be associated with celiac disease. BH]

Posted to Aches and Pains