From Virginia, USA:

I've had diabetes since the age of eight and a half. I will be 15 in two months and I'm not growing at all. I'm 4 feet, 11 inches and weigh 107 pounds. I do have a high A1c, but it wasn't that way until I started going through puberty. I check my blood sugar regularly and it's still in the 250s to 350s mg/dl [13.9 to 19.4 mmol/L]. Is this affecting my height?

You did not say your A1c level, but I assume that it is pretty high with those blood sugar levels. Diabetes, when it is this out of control, certainly can interfere with growth and also delay puberty, but there are lots of other things that need to be checked. You should get a consultation with your diabetes team and discuss honestly what you are worried about and then listen to their advice. Thyroid and celiac disease are just two of many problems more common in those with type 1 diabetes that also can impact growth and puberty. Why not take better care of yourself and test more, eat properly, take your insulin correctly and go to see them with detailed log books or other records so that they really can help you?

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA and Other