From Backa Palanka, Serbia:

I've had diabetes for three years and now have small bumps on my triceps, stomach and legs where I do my insulin injections. I am kind of embarrassed by these bumps. How can I get rid of them?

You could be having a site reaction generally causing redness maybe related to the cleaning agent you are using to clean the injection site. In the case of bumps with no redness, you can also try putting slight pressure onto the injection site right after the injection. Also, be sure you leave the needle in for at least a count of five after you inject and before you withdraw the needle and consider that bumping could result in a slower absorption of insulin.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Other

Last Updated: Wednesday May 26, 2010 17:13:40