Question:

From Omaha, Nebraska, USA:

Is there a user friendly electronic diary available for monitoring of daily blood sugar, diet, and exercise/activity, some sort of personal digital assistant? If yes, then what are their names (I wish to shop around before purchasing)? How commonly they are being used by the patient? I am asking this question out of curiosity as there is lot of data keeping required by parents of diabetic kids and adults with the condition.

Answer:

There are many software solutions to help you manage diabetes. Meter, insulin pump, and CGM companies offer solutions for their particular products, and since these are often supported by health care professionals, you might want to begin there.

There are also a growing number of applications for mobile devices that are worth investigating. Since they change so frequently, your best bet is to research these tools and see which best meets your particular needs.

JSH

Last Updated: Monday May 31, 2010 08:32:14