Question:

From Canada:

Now 24, I have had type 1 for over 20 years with decent management and few periods of poor control. I am fit, healthy and quite active as I am a personal trainer. I have avoided complications so far but have recently developed a significantly large varicose vein on my pelvic bone that is causing quite a bit of pain alongside a number of unexplainable high and low blood sugars. I went to my general practitioner who mentioned that this is more than likely due to a complication from my diabetes. Is this possible? I have never heard of this. I am set to see my endocrinologist at the end of September but this has me a bit worried. I cannot seem to get any information on pelvic varicose veins as a complication of diabetes.

Answer:

I am not familiar with varicose veins being a complication of diabetes.

Posted to Complications and Aches and Pains

Last Updated: Tuesday August 10, 2010 20:25:50