From Oak Forest, Illinois, USA:

My ten-year-old daughter was recently diagnosed with type 1. She complains of headaches all the time. Her doctor does not know why she is getting them. Also, is there a children's support group for kids with diabetes around Oak Forest, Illinois?

Headaches can be a common complaint with pediatric patients regardless of whether they have diabetes. I would suggest following up with your pediatrician to help determine the cause of the headaches. In addition, poor eyesight can be a common reason for headaches and you should consider having a comprehensive vision evaluation done by your eye doctor also.

For information on support groups, see our web page on Support Groups in Illinois. Your diabetes team may also know of local support groups.

Posted to Aches and Pains

Last Updated: Tuesday December 14, 2010 17:40:42