Do you have a question you want to ask to an experienced team of diabetes Health Professionals? The health care professionals of the Diabetes Team lend their many years of experience to answer your questions. Be sure to read the Diabetes Team Disclaimer and the Message from the Diabetes Team. You can review the credentials of our Diabetes Team members by clicking on their names below or on their initials in each answer.
[ Topical Index | Current Questions | Nov 17 | Oct 17 | Sep 17 | Aug 17 | Jul 17 | Jun 17 | More... | Submit Question ]
- For people with type 1, is it safe to consume stevia? (23 Nov 2011)
- For type 1 diabetes, can an internal medicine doctor specializing in diabetes care provide the same level of care as an endocrinologist? (23 Nov 2011)
- Can someone with type 1 see a drop in his/her serum potassium level after an insulin injection? Would they suffer any organ damage from a persistent low in which they remain conscious? (8 Nov 2011)
- I have increased my exercise and altered my diet to lose some weight, but am not having much success. Do people with type 1 develop muscles more easily when exercising? Is it safe to exercise right after eating to help reduce amount of insulin that is needed? (4 Nov 2011)
- If a person is going into DKA and his kidneys are only working at 42%, can he register a false positive on a breath test if he has previously taken Nyquil? (1 Nov 2011)
The Diabetes TeamPhysicians
Bill Jones, MD (Specialist in the management of diabetes during pregnancy, member since April 1997)
Marco Songini, MD (Italy) (Pediatric, adolescent, and adult endocrinologist and diabetologist, member since April 1997)
Larry Deeb, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since July 1998)
John Schulga, MBChB MRCGP MRCP FRCPCH (UK) (Consultant Paediatrician in childhood and adolescent diabetes and endocrinology, member since July 1999)
Stuart Brink, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since October 1999)
Matthew Brown, MD (Pediatrician and a Pediatric Diabetologist, member since January 2000)
Jim Lane, MD (Adult Endocrinologist, member since November 2000)
David Schwartz, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since May 2001)
Andrea Scaramuzza, MD (Italy) (Pediatric Endocrinologist, member since October 2003)
Linda DiMeglio, MD (Pediatric Endocrinologist)
Barb Schreiner, RN, MPH, CDE (Diabetes Nurse Specialist, member since July 2002)
Jane Seley, RN, GNP, MPH, MSN, CDE, CHES (Diabetes Nurse Practitioner, member since August 2002)
Joe Solowiejczyk, RN, MSW (Family Therapist, member since April 2010)
Linda Mackowiak, RN, MS, FNP, CDE (Diabetes Nurse Specialist)
Jill Weissberg-Benchell, PhD (Medical Psychology and Psychiatry, member since January 2000)
James Michael Schurig, MS, RD, LD, CDE (Dietitian, member since December 2000)
Rick Philbin, M.Ed., A.T.C., C.S.C.S (Sports Medicine, member since July 2004)
Lois Schmidt Finney, RD, MPH, CDE (DPT-1 Research Coordinator, member since July 1998)
Heather Speer, MPH, CCRC, CDE (Clinical Diabetes Research and Education Coordinator, member since July 1998)
Debbie Butler, CDE, MSW, LICSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker, member since October 2004)
And Our Occasional Experts
Last Updated: Wednesday November 23, 2011 09:42:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.