Question:

From Austin, Texas, USA:

My doctor switched my insulin to Victoza and my readings have not been less than 312 mg/dl [17.3 mmol/L] for a month now. Should I be switched back to Lantus/NovoLog? How long should I wait to tell if Victoza is working?

Answer:

I would suggest you talk with your doctor about your results. I would suggest the most likely thing he will do is switch you back to insulin. Victoza is a very helpful drug in the correct setting, but it sounds like you really need the insulin as the Victoza has not resulted in good control. In fact, the sugars you have are very high and need to be treated right away.

Posted to Other Medications and Type 2

Last Updated: Wednesday May 16, 2012 09:03:44