Question:

From Banton, Romblon, Phillipines:

My daughter, who has diabetes, experienced shaking of her body with her eyes rolled back. Is this normal for a child with diabetes?

Answer:

No. Such a phenomenon is never normal whether one has diabetes or anything else! If you are asking if such a thing can happen with diabetes, then the answer is yes, but likely because of an abnormally low glucose. I think she had a hypoglycemic seizure. Did you check her glucose? Do you have a glucagon emergency kit? You should be in touch with her diabetes team to discuss this.

Posted to Other and Hypoglycemia

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to Top

Last Updated: Saturday March 14, 2015 20:11:06

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.