Question:

From Muncie, Indiana, USA:

My two-year-old drinks 24/7 and she soaks her pull-ups no matter how many time I change her. She also sweats quite a lot when she is sleeping. Sometimes she wakes up with her shirt, bed, and hair are all wet from her perspiring. We also have family history of this on both sides and I feel like I need a second opinion. Do you recommend that I have her tested for diabetes? I am not sure what to do.

Answer:

Sweating a lot is not a sign of diabetes per se, but excess urination, bedwetting/soaking diapers, especially if also associated with weight loss and excess thirst or lethargy, could be high sugar/diabetes. I suggest you contact your primary care physician and get a urine test as well as a blood sugar/glucose test done.

Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Return to the Top of This Page

Last Updated: Wednesday December 12, 2018 14:24:30

This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.