Behavior from 2010
- My child has been refusing to eat, saying this will prevent a high blood sugar and that he does not need to check his blood sugar. How should I deal with this? (4 Aug 2010)
- My daughter experienced a honeymoon in February 2010. In the past month, she has again needed to reduce her insulin drastically. What do you think is going on? Her diabetes team plans to do some testing and is considering putting her on metformin to see if this helps manage her blood sugars. (27 Jul 2010)
- Based on her symptoms, could my daughter have diabetes? Is there such a thing as a false negative if tested for diabetes as a child? (21 Jul 2010)
- My 18-year-old has taken over her diabetes care while living at home. Her A1c is around 12, so she's not taking very good care of herself. How do I help her transition into adulthood? (20 Jul 2010)
- Since a recent stomach bug and bad low, my young son isn't eating much at all. Is it possible he is developing some early form of anorexia? (20 Jul 2010)
- My daughter sees a nutritionist, counselor, pediatrician and regular diabetes doctors, but we are looking for a better option for the treatment of her diabetes and anorexia. What do you recommend? (5 Jun 2010)
- My son adjusted to his diagnosis quickly in early 2009, but, recently, has become very anxious, both at school and at home. How can I help him get beyond the anxiety? (4 May 2010)
- Are there any tips on how to inject a newly diagnosed young child who panics are the thought of his injections? Are there ways to help ease his fear of injections? (19 Mar 2010)
- My 12-year-old son has been physically damaging our home when being disciplined. His blood sugar was very high during one recent incident. Could the high have caused his rage? (4 Mar 2010)
- Diagnosed last April, my son is experiencing very high blood sugars. I suspect he is "sneaking" food. What do you suggest I do about this? (8 Feb 2010)
[ Topical Index | Current Behavior Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Thursday February 28, 2013 10:02:32
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.