Blood Tests and Insulin Injections from 2007
- How long after a meal should one expect to get an accurate reading? What is the blood sugar range for people who do not have diabetes? (17 Dec 2007)
- Does the use of scented lotions, soaps or hand sanitizer on your hands prior to testing your blood sugar have any effect on the outcome of a blood glucose reading? (12 Nov 2007)
- I'm really depressed about having diabetes, especially since I can't get rid of the swelling at my injection sites. How can I get rid of the swelling? (26 Oct 2007)
- Newly diagnosed, my son is on Humalog and NPH in the morning. Can I premix the insulins at 5 a.m., two hours before he gives himself the injection? (4 Sep 2007)
- Sometimes I hit a blood vessel and bleed out when doing my insulin injection so I don't know how much insulin is injected. What should I do in this situation? (26 Aug 2007)
- Sometimes I get air bubbles under my skin when I do my insulin injections. Is that bad? How can I eliminate the bubbles? (14 Aug 2007)
- We recently gave our 12 year old responsibility for drawing up and administering her insulin. She admitted to giving herself extra insulin. How dangerous is this? (4 Jun 2007)
- In general, how often do children test their blood sugars? (30 May 2007)
- Is it safe to do an injection into muscle to bring down a blood sugar more rapidly? (26 May 2007)
- Lately, I've been having trouble giving myself injections. I have been experiencing bruising and little bumps, plus insulin leaking. What do you suggest? (17 Apr 2007)
- Other than injections, the pump, and Insuflon, are there any other ways to do basal-bolus therapy? (27 Mar 2007)
- Is it safe for my daughter to give her injections through clothing? How can I get her to take better care of her diabetes? (22 Feb 2007)
- My daughter has four fingertip blood sugar tests daily. Can this cause pain or numbness in the fingertips? (17 Jan 2007)
[ Topical Index | Current Blood Tests and Insulin Injections Questions | Questions from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.