Complications from 2009
- My son's albumin level was elevated so he was put on blood pressure medication, even though his blood pressure is fine. What does this mean? (18 Dec 2009)
- My son was put on an ACE inhibitor three years ago for microalbuminuria. A year ago, he was diagnosed with postural proteinuria. Will he need to take the ACE inhibitor forever? (2 Dec 2009)
- My daughter, who had a pancreas transplant in 2007, is hospitalized with retinopathy. Her eyes were fine in 2007, but are deteriorating. What do you suggest she do? (12 Nov 2009)
- Six weeks ago, my teen daughter developed sudden hearing loss in her right ear. Three ENT specialists said it's a possible complication of diabetes. Have you ever heard of this? (2 Nov 2009)
- I am on pain medications for an ulcer on my foot. I was told to endure the pain or have my leg amputated. How can I prolong the life of my leg, my life? (16 Sep 2009)
- Are you familiar with the herbal treatment called Segratax for the treatment of gastroparesis? Is it safe? My 23-year-old son is looking for treatment options. (27 Aug 2009)
- I've had diabetes for 29 years. During my current pregnancy, my protein and microalbumin have jumped dramatically. What might have caused this? (16 Jul 2009)
- What is creatinine (urine microalbumin)? Is a 78 mg/g level of creatinine (urine microalbumin) good? What is the normal range? (2 Jun 2009)
- Is Neurontin an effective treatment for pain relief from gastroparesis? (17 Apr 2009)
- A nephrologist said my daughter has orthostatic proteinuria, probably not related to her diabetes, and suggested monitoring. Would lisinopril be useful in this case? (23 Mar 2009)
- My granddaughter has been put on lisinopril to protect her kidneys. Since this is a blood pressure medication, how will it do so? What will it do to her over the years? (15 Mar 2009)
- The endocrinologist repeated my granddaughter's urine test after not liking the results of her first test. At what is he looking? I'm worried (23 Feb 2009)
- Our 12-year-old has been put on an ACE inhibitor for his blood pressure and to help his kidneys. How can we prevent complications? (10 Feb 2009)
[ Topical Index | Current Complications Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.