Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Continuous Sensing

[ Topical Index | Current Questions | Sep 15 | Aug 15 | Jul 15 | Jun 15 | May 15 | Apr 15 | Mar 15 | More... | Submit Question ]

Continuous Sensing

1. We have tried various methods, but our daughter continues to have a rash from the DexCom adhesive. What do you suggest? (5 May 2015)
  2. My son wears a CGM, wakes up at night if I do a fingerstick. Is it safe to do a correction without a fingerstick check? I assume the CGM may be off by about 20%? (6 Nov 2013)
  3. Can you recommend a pediatric endocrinologist in the Atlanta area? Are there any studies regarding the accuracy and superiority of one CGMS over the other(s)? (6 Mar 2012)
  4. Do you know of any documentation or studies on the effects of steroids on blood glucose control? I am looking for information I can include in my appeal for a CGM. (27 Apr 2010)
  5. Having participated in a Navigator study, we are confident we can use a Medtronic sensor without training, but can you help us determine where we should put the sensor on our thin child? (26 Apr 2010)
  6. Is it important that my 13-year-old son have his cholesterol checked? (19 Jan 2010)
  7. Should I get a GlucoWatch monitoring system for my child? Are there any other continuous monitors? (23 Mar 2009)
  8. How do I go about ordering a MiniMed Paradigm REAL-Time System for my daughter? Do I need to contact the insurance company first? (24 Dec 2008)
  9. In your opinion, is the time for continuous glucose sensing now? (18 Jun 2008)
  10. With a history of high A1cs, my husband wants to get a continuous sensor. I've had good A1cs and don't feel the need for one. How do I get him to see my point of view? (8 Sep 2007)
  11. My young adult son stopped using his CGMS while on vacation. Now, he refuses to use it. Why do you think he would do this? Is this common? (23 Jul 2007)
  12. According to the CGMS, my daughter's blood sugars are going up and down dramatically during the night. Could this be from the Zyrtec she is taking or increased summer activity? (9 Jun 2007)
  13. What is the margin of error for CGMS systems? During use of one of the systems, we are seeing wide disparities between the CGMS and glucose meter readings. (14 May 2007)

[ Topical Index | Current Continuous Sensing Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 ]

Last Updated: Tuesday May 05, 2015 20:18:47