Daily Care from 2011
- My son was put on Humulin 70/30. Can he take Lantus and short acting insulin? (31 Jul 2011)
- My cousin's daughter was recently diagnosed with diabetes and put on injections three times a day. We are worried. What should we do? Should we travel to Delhi for treatment? (13 Jul 2011)
- We were told to keep our toddler's blood sugar in a higher range. What blood sugars are safe and normal to help us transition to levels below 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]? (28 Jun 2011)
- My daughter's blood sugars are usually elevated. Adjusting the Apidra by a unit causes either highs or lows and I am at a loss. Are her insulin doses not commensurate to her needs/weight? (21 Jun 2011)
- I believe my son is having "hypo rebounds." Is this possible? If so, how do we treat them? Should I give him extra insulin when he experiences such a high blood sugar? (2 Jun 2011)
- My teen son's meter and sensor indicated mostly in range numbers, but his A1c remains elevated. The clinic wants my son admitted to monitor him. Have you heard of this before? (9 May 2011)
- My son experiences episodes of hypoglycemia that persist for several hours despite treatments. He also gets hypoglycemic without exogenous insulin. Has this happened to others? (25 Apr 2011)
- Recently, my son has had two site infections. I use alcohol on his skin before inserting the infusion set, which we change every three days. How can we prevent infections? (21 Apr 2011)
- Here, in Colombia, I can get only one vial of lispro per month, but I may need to use more to combat highs. Can I use Regular for the times I run out of lispro? (4 Mar 2011)
- Due to hyperglycemia, my daughter is now in the hospital under a doctor's care, but her daytime blood sugars remain elevated. Do you have any ideas what could be going on? (19 Feb 2011)
- Our son's bedtime target is 8.0 mmol/L [145 mg/dl], but he is often lower than that and not interested in eating to raise his blood sugar. What do you recommend we do? (14 Feb 2011)
[ Topical Index | Current Daily Care Questions | Questions from 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Sunday July 31, 2011 17:24:22
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2017. Comments and Feedback.