Diagnosis and Symptoms from 2012
- At the doctor's office, my daughter's blood sugar was 199 mg/dl[11.1 mmol/L]. Two hours after dinner, it was 162 mg/dl [9 mmol/L]. Should I wait for her test results or take her elsewhere? (26 Nov 2012)
- At the Emergency Room, my son had an elevated blood sugar after eating. When seen by a specialist, all results were normal. What do you think is going on? (3 Oct 2012)
- Can you tell me more about type 1b diabetes? Could my daughter have some other condition requiring her to take insulin? (26 Sep 2012)
- My daughter drinks and urinates about every 90 minutes. Should she have a glucose tolerance test? Wouldn't they have detected diabetes in her urine sample? She seems to have the symptoms. (19 Sep 2012)
- Symptomatic for diabetes, I took my son to a doctor who ran tests and told me not to worry. However, the regular pediatrician was concerned and ran the tests again. Should I be worried? (29 Aug 2012)
- Born with transposition of the arteries, my toddler is not having issues with lack of focus, constant thirst, sometimes wetting his bed. Given some family history, should I be concerned about diabetes? (8 Aug 2012)
- Can the use of cortisone cause type 1 diabetes? (30 Jul 2012)
- I have had diabetes for eight years. My blood sugars are normal when I eat right and exercise, elevated if I do not. Might I have mild beta cell dysfunction? How can I improve the dysfunction? (16 Jul 2012)
- My son has many symptoms of diabetes, but testing has always been inconclusive. He also has a goiter on his thyroid that has not been treated. What do you recommend? (25 Jun 2012)
- My young son has been having some of the symptoms of diabetes and had elevated readings during an informal glucose tolerance test. Does it sound like early type 1? (16 May 2012)
- My young daughter has had some elevated blood sugars at home. Though her urine test and A1c were normal, should I still be worried she has diabetes? What type would she have? (8 May 2012)
- At the doctor for a weight check, my daughter had a random blood glucose of 298 mg/dl [16.6 mmol/L]. The doctor wanted to run other tests. What could they be? Does she have diabetes? (4 Apr 2012)
- An endocrinologist said my daughter has type 1 diabetes, that she needs insulin. I am hoping that her blood sugar will go down with diet and medication. What type of diabetes does my daughter have? (31 Mar 2012)
- While ill, my son's urine indicated some glucose. Because he does not have diabetes, could the glucose have been caused by his illness or concentrated urine? Or, he is developing diabetes? (29 Mar 2012)
- My daughter is thought to be honeymooning after an elevated blood sugar. Because she is asymptomatic, could she have something other than diabetes? (6 Mar 2012)
- What criteria establishes the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes? Why would my daughter, who has type 1, have very high blood pressure? (10 Feb 2012)
[ Topical Index | Current Diagnosis and Symptoms Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Monday November 26, 2012 09:40:58
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.