Diagnosis and Symptoms from 2013
- I am taking an online UCSF course about diabetes, but I find parts of the texts too advanced. Can you explain the results of my son's antibodies tests? (12 Nov 2013)
- My son was diagnosed with type 1 three years ago, but his chart, which I see at his check-ups, says he has type 1.5. What is that? (22 Oct 2013)
- My toddler was diagnosed on Monday. The doctors are not sure what to do, have given him some insulin. They want to discharge us today. Should I ask for a referral to a pediatric endocrinologist? (11 Oct 2013)
- Do you have type 1 if you test positive for all three antibodies? Can you test positive for antibodies later because you have been on exogenous insulin? (18 Sep 2013)
- I have diabetes and am worried my children will get it. So, I checked my son's blood sugar when he was acting "off." It was actually low. How concerned should I be? (28 Aug 2013)
- I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. Both my parents and older brother have type 2. Is it hereditary? Is it curable? (4 Jun 2013)
- I am a school nurse with a newly diagnosed teen patient who has fluid retention in many parts of her body, caused by insulin per her doctors. I have never heard of this. Could there be something else going on? (30 Apr 2013)
- Is there any link between hypoglycemia and undiagnosed type 1 diabetes? (8 Apr 2013)
- When sick, my teen daughter has symptoms of diabetes. She has tested positive for two of the antibodies, but has not been diagnosed with it. Do I need to be concerned? (19 Mar 2013)
[ Topical Index | Current Diagnosis and Symptoms Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday November 12, 2013 10:44:22
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.