Exercise and Sports from 2007
- My son, who is a wrestler, will soon be getting a pump. Will he have any pain if he wrestles with the infusion set/canula in his body? (25 Nov 2007)
- My young daughter is a gymnast and we are considering getting her a pump. Are there other gymnasts who use a pump? Do they wear the pump during gymnastics? (31 Oct 2007)
- My teen son has had severe cramping in his legs, thighs, groin, arms and calves after his last two football games. How can he prevent them? (27 Oct 2007)
- How can I get my teen son to take better care of himself? Is it safe for him to take creatine? He lifts weights. (16 Oct 2007)
- What is the recommended practice for exercise with elevated blood glucose without ketones? (21 Sep 2007)
- Six months ago, I was diagnosed with hyperglycemia and put on insulin. After three months, I stopped insulin and went on metformin. What type of diabetes do I have? (24 Aug 2007)
- My son is doing a 20 mile sponsored walk for school. How should he manage his diabetes during this event? (7 Aug 2007)
- Do you have any tips on how to keep my blood sugar in a good range for athletics? (25 Jul 2007)
- Just diagnosed with type 2, I've been put on Glucophage. I was told not to exercise when my blood sugar is elevated. Could you explain this better? (7 May 2007)
- Since starting on a pump, my daughter's blood sugars are fluctuating even more than before. She disconnects for sports. What do you recommend? (18 Apr 2007)
- I recently heard of XS Energy Drink with no carbohydrates. Would this be a good beverage for my daughter to consume before physical activity? (2 Apr 2007)
- We are considering a pump for our grandson, but I'm concerned he could damage it. How could he handle the pump for karate class? (21 Mar 2007)
- An athlete, my son disconnects his pump and takes a shot of Regular before playing. Sometimes, he is still very high. What do you suggest? (11 Mar 2007)
- My teen son has had diabetes for 12 years. Tall and thin, he wants to gain muscles. Is it okay for him to consume protein shakes? (9 Mar 2007)
- Newly diagnosed, my son has fluctuating blood sugars during basketball practice. What should his target blood sugar range be before practice? (7 Mar 2007)
- A gymnast, my daughter felt ill and was out of energy during her second event recently. What should she eat to ensure she has enough energy? (7 Mar 2007)
- Exercise used to make my daughter's blood sugar go down, but sometimes it goes up. What factors help determine if exercise will make a diabetic go higher or lower? (2 Jan 2007)
[ Topical Index | Current Exercise Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.