Exercise and Sports from 2008
- As a volleyball player, I have trouble finding a place to keep my pump. It has fallen out in the past, but I was high when I removed it. What should I do? (26 Dec 2008)
- Since beginning pump therapy, our daughter has lows after unplanned exercise. Is this normal? Are we doing something wrong? (19 Dec 2008)
- Swimming has helped me lose weight, boost my energy and give me better diabetes control. I eat a light dinner an hour beforehand. Should I eat afterwards, too? (24 Nov 2008)
- I got a pump band that goes on the leg for my son to use during soccer. Is this a good choice or should he disconnect? (21 Aug 2008)
- Is there an organization or trainer that you're aware of that works with diabetic children to help them with their sugar, energy level, and overall performance? (18 Aug 2008)
- My pump is not waterproof so I'd like some suggestions on how to handle my pump and diabetes management during an upcoming rafting trip. (12 Jun 2008)
- Do you know what weight lifting supplement is the best for a type 1 diabetic or should I avoid them all? (11 May 2008)
- Do people with diabetes reach a point at which they plateau athletically and seem not be able to progress further? (29 Apr 2008)
- Will showering after a Lantus injection affect its absorption? How would exercising before the shot affect its absorption? (23 Mar 2008)
- My daughter was just diagnosed in January. I was told to check her blood sugar before and after soccer practice. If she's in range, what do need to do? (9 Mar 2008)
- Can I take a protein supplement without having any diabetes problems, i.e. no reduction in blood sugars? I want to use them to help with my weightlifting. (9 Mar 2008)
- My daughter lifts weights in the morning, then runs for about an hour prior to college soccer practice. She's often too high to practice. What can she do? (4 Feb 2008)
- Although I eat heartily, I sometimes go low after mountain biking. How can I prevent this? If I reduce my insulin prior to exercising, to avoid the lag effect, would I lost weight? (28 Jan 2008)
- I would really like to know if Doug Burns used supplements like whey protein or creatine. If he did, which ones did he take? (24 Jan 2008)
[ Topical Index | Current Exercise Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.