Genetics and Heredity from 2004
- During my pregnancy, a geneticist said my child would not be at risk for type 1, but my daughter was just diagnosed. Did the geneticist make a mistake? (28 Nov 2004)
- Both my husband, his brother and their late father have/had diabetes. My son is drinking more and soaking his diapers. Is he at risk for diabetes? (24 Nov 2004)
- My boyfriend and I both have type 1. What are the chances that our children would also have type 1? (17 Nov 2004)
- What are the signs of type 1 diabetes? Are children that are born to type 2 diabetic moms more prone to having type 1 diabetes? (16 Nov 2004)
- Given that people can get type 1 when older, and children get their genes from their parents, are parents ever tested to see if they are genetically predisposed? (18 Aug 2004)
- Is it true diabetes can skip generations? (25 May 2004)
- I've read that siblings have an increased chance of also getting type 1 diabetes. Is this common? Should I test my sons with Ketostix? (20 May 2004)
- If a parent has a thyroid problem, does it mean his/her children are at higher risk for developing diabetes? (8 Apr 2004)
- Is there a genetic link between diabetes and Native Americans? My dad, type 2, has several heath problems. What does he need to do? (22 Mar 2004)
- How many families have siblings with type 1? What is type 1b diabetes? Is it possible to wean my children off insulin with diet and exercise? (14 Mar 2004)
- Are the causes of diabetes more genetic or environmental? Can you explain about the different types of diabetes? (14 Mar 2004)
- I recently took the three hour glucose tolerance test, had two high readings, one normal. Should I be concerned that my baby will have diabetes? (14 Mar 2004)
- I have had type 1 diabetes for 13 years. My girlfriend also has it. What are the consequences for our marriage? (9 Mar 2004)
- Is there a relationship between myasthenia gravis and type 1 diabetes? (7 Mar 2004)
- My twins are a little overweight. Their dad has diabetes and leukemia. Are my children at risk for diabetes? If so, how can I prevent it? (6 Mar 2004)
- Given our family history of type 1 diabetes, will the use of cow's milk spoil the benefits of breast feeding? My daughter is now primarily breast fed. (27 Feb 2004)
- My son was diagnosed at the young age of 15 months. My husband has type 1. What are the chances that our next child will get the disease? (11 Feb 2004)
[ Topical Index | Current Genetics and Heredity Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.