Gestational Diabetes from 2006
- Is it normal for insulin resistance to increase during pregnancy without necessarily leading to gestational diabetes? (2 Nov 2006)
- I passed my OGTT, but my endocrinologist wants me to check my blood sugars and watch my diet during my pregnancy. Should I be concerned about random highs? (1 Oct 2006)
- At my 18 week appointment, I spilled glucose in my urine, but the midwife said not to worry. Should I try to convince her to test me now? (30 Aug 2006)
- My wife, a flight attendant who sometimes works 14 hour shift, has gestational diabetes. Is there a different type of insulin dosing she could try? (11 Aug 2006)
- I started insulin in my 20th week and was on 100 units. Last week, I had to stop insulin to avoid lows. The doctor thinks the placenta may be deteriorating. Does this usually have a good outcome? (5 Jul 2006)
- I missed my 28 week glucose test. How valid is a GTT performed at 33 weeks gestation? I'm in a country that does the 75 gram/two hour test. (22 Jun 2006)
- I had an elevated blood sugar two hours. Do I need to watch what I eat? Recently, I have had some elevated blood sugars. What does this mean to my baby? (19 Jun 2006)
- My two hour glucose tolerance test reading was 92 mmol/L [166 mg/dl], not gestational diabetes. Do I need to treat my blood sugar at that level? (6 Jun 2006)
- I am concerned that I had undiagnosed diabetes when I got pregnant. I was just diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 28 weeks. Will my baby have birth defects? (22 May 2006)
- I am 23 weeks pregnant and am taking as much insulin as I did at the end of my other pregnancies. Could I have something other than gestational diabetes? (5 Apr 2006)
- I am 35 weeks pregnant and have had two three hour glucose tests done. The doctor was not concerned. Should I be? (28 Mar 2006)
- I have gestational diabetes and am to take NovoRapid with meals and Insulatard at night. Is this a normal regimen? Is there a risk with NovoRapid? (10 Feb 2006)
- I consumed an Orange Sunkist for my gestational diabetes test. My one hour blood sugar was 76 mg/dl [4.2 mmol/L]. Is this too low? (3 Feb 2006)
- My fasting blood sugars are from 90 to 100 mg/dl [5.0 to 5.6 mmol/L]. A doctor recommended insulin to get lower fasting numbers. Do I have any other options? (25 Jan 2006)
- I have gestational diabetes and need to increase my insulin. Is there a limit to the amount I can take? Will it affect my unborn child? (9 Jan 2006)
- According to standards here in the Philippines, I have gestational diabetes. Based on my test results, do you think I have it? (7 Jan 2006)
[ Topical Index | Current Gestational Diabetes Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.