Hyperglycemia and DKA from 2013
- Diagnosed three months ago, my toddler has elevated pre-dinner blood sugars. Is it because she naps in the afternoon? Is she having roller coaster blood sugars because she is so young? (11 Sep 2013)
- Newly diagnosed, our daughter's blood sugar was 250 mg/dl [13.9 mmol/L] at 11:30 p.m. We gave her two glasses of water. Should we do a correction or wait? (16 May 2013)
- Since getting a Depo Provera shot for her PCOS, my daughter's blood sugars have remained between 300 and 600 mg/dl [16.7 and 33.3 mmol/L]. Is this from the shot? How long will this last? (30 Apr 2013)
- My teen son says it is not fair to punish him for behavior that occurs when his blood sugar is quite elevated. Is there a specific blood sugar reading beyond which he cannot control his anger? (27 Feb 2013)
- Hours after receiving her flu vaccine, my daughter's blood sugar spiked. Can the immune response from the flu shot cause this? (15 Jan 2013)
[ Topical Index | Current Hyperglycemia Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Monday November 04, 2013 15:09:54
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2015. Comments and Feedback.