Insulin Analogs from 2008
- The doctor thinks my son's body is producing antibodies to the insulin we are injecting. His blood sugars are high, despite different insulin regimens. What should we do? (24 Dec 2008)
- Our recently diagnosed daughter has no problems with her NovoLog injections, but doesn't like getting her Lantus. What do you suggest? (11 Nov 2008)
- My young son is on Lantus only, but he sometimes is as high as 350 mg/dl [19.4 mmol/L]. Is it okay to give him rapid acting insulin? (5 Oct 2008)
- My mail order pharmacy has said my insurance will no longer cover Humalog for my daughter. What can we expect if she switches to NovoLog? (24 Sep 2008)
- My daughter's blood sugar goes up in the early evening, drops at 3 a.m. She has been taking Lantus at bedtime. The doctor has suggested twice daily Lantus. What do you suggest? (15 Jul 2008)
- Are there any problems using Apidra in a pump? My child's doctor has suggested this to us. (14 Jul 2008)
- Recently, my son has had increased emotional outbreaks and headaches. His blood sugar has been elevated at these times. Is this related to the change from Humalog to NovoLog? (12 Jul 2008)
- Sometimes after dinner, my blood sugar is very high. Is it safe to take an extra dose of Humalog to bring it down? (30 Apr 2008)
- My daughter spaces her NovoLog injections at a minimum of three hours apart. I've heard some people do overlaps. Is there a formula to use for overlapping doses? (22 Apr 2008)
- What can you tell me about the carcinogenicity of Lantus? Is Levemir safer? (13 Apr 2008)
- Will showering after a Lantus injection affect its absorption? How would exercising before the shot affect its absorption? (23 Mar 2008)
- I take Starlix for postprandial highs and have an A1c of 6.4. My doctor wants me to take Lantus to bring down my fasting blood sugars. Do you think this is necessary? (18 Feb 2008)
- My toddler's doctor has suggested we switch to Lantus and NovoRapid to prevent lows. Is this safe for a two-year-old? What time of day should we give the Lantus? (24 Jan 2008)
[ Topical Index | Current Insulin Analogs Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.