Insulin Analogs from 2009
- Despite a recent increase in her evening Levemir, my daughter is still waking up over 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. How can we ensure she is closer to 100 mg/dl [5.6 mmol/L]? (19 Dec 2009)
- After 10 years of a certain correction factor, I am now experiencing lows when I correct with lispro. Does this mean I have an issue with insulin acceptance? (18 Dec 2009)
- My new doctor switched me from Humalog to NovoLog, but I am now having consistent highs. Why is this happening? Should I find another doctor to put me back on Humalog? (8 Nov 2009)
- Is it necessary to use short acting insulin or can my daughter take the one evening injection of Lantus if this is creating normal daytime sugar levels? She was diagnosed three months ago. (4 Nov 2009)
- What is the best time of day to take a Lantus injection? (15 Oct 2009)
- On Mixtard 30, NovoRapid and Lantus, my daughter spends a lot of time high. Our doctor's suggestions aren't very helpful. What do you suggest? (29 Sep 2009)
- Is there any truth to the story that Lantus causes cancer? What type of cancer? Should we switch from Lantus to Levemir? (27 Aug 2009)
- My son has been doing well taking NovoLog, but the doctor wants him to switch to Humalog because it is faster acting. Is there a downside to Humalog? (20 Jul 2009)
- My son, who takes Levemir and NovoRapid just had his first seizure. Are these insulins okay for him? Are there better insulin options? How do I prevent another seizure? (9 Jun 2009)
- I ran out of Lantus and the pharmacy was out of it. In the meantime, I am giving my daughter NovoLog every two hours. Is there anything else I can do or should do? (28 May 2009)
- Sometimes my fasting blood sugar is higher. How can I achieve normal blood sugars during the night? I take Lantus in the morning, Humalog for foods. (20 Mar 2009)
- Is there any way to a get a prescription for Humalog without paying full price to see an endocrinologist? (14 Mar 2009)
- We are considering switching our daughter from NovoLog to Apidra to combat postprandial spikes. Is Apidra really faster acting? (17 Feb 2009)
[ Topical Index | Current Insulin Analogs Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:50
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.