Mental Health from 2004
- My daughter is at college where she is doing poorly, both academically and health wise. Is there an inpatient facility where she can get medical and mental help? (13 Dec 2004)
- Since my heart attack a year ago, I have developed quite a few maladies. I have almost given up. How can I get control of life and my diabetes? (24 Nov 2004)
- In May, I tried to commit suicide. My therapist feels I am unstable and my endocrinologist won't let me get a pump. Should I consult another endocrinologist? (6 Nov 2004)
- My daughter is depressed about her diabetes. She is also eating without taking insulin. How can I convince her to follow the rules about diabetes and eating? (30 Oct 2004)
- My daughter witnessed a seizure at camp and panics every time her blood sugar is under 200 mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. Do you have any advice? (20 Oct 2004)
- My son has type 1 and PTSD. He has good days and bad, mentally and physically. I am totally worn out and frustrated. What should I do? (11 Oct 2004)
- My 13 year old daughter is manipulating her insulin to lose weight. She has been in DKA several times. How can I get her to be more compliant? (22 Aug 2004)
- Is there such a thing as withdrawal from hypoglycemia? Could my husband's diagnosis of schizophrenia be related to the drugs he was prescribed? (21 Aug 2004)
- My husband's temperament changed about a year ago. He is withdrawn, moody, and mean. Is this caused by his diabetes? (18 Jun 2004)
- What are the links between diabetes and bipolar disorder? Are there any statistics linking diabetes to suicide? (26 May 2004)
- Could my client's blood sugar irregularities, before his diagnosis, have contributed to his marital problems I am trying to help solve? (25 May 2004)
- My father had allergic reactions to several insulins. Is insulin administration by other means effective without allergies? What about lispro? (28 Apr 2004)
- My 14 year old had a seizure three years ago and has been struggling academically since then. Could he have a learning disorder from the seizure? (19 Apr 2004)
- Does Paxil for depression/anxiety affect type 1 diabetes or the insulin? (9 Apr 2004)
- I have had type 1 diabetes and an eating disorder. I have tried treatment clinics. I reduced my insulin and went into DKA. Can someone help me? (8 Apr 2004)
- My daughter seems depressed. Could she be bipolar like me? Is this typical for teens who have type 1? (5 Apr 2004)
- I am 19 and have good control of my diabetes. I do struggle at work and at school. I feel stressed and anxious. Is there something I can do? (3 Apr 2004)
- After years of good control, my father's personality has changed dramatically. Is there a link between diabetes and metal health issues? (2 Apr 2004)
[ Topical Index | Current Mental Health Questions | Questions from 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 ]
Last Updated: Tuesday April 06, 2010 15:08:49
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by Children With Diabetes, Inc, which is responsible for its contents.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2014. Comments and Feedback.