Back to Ask the Diabetes Team Mental Health

Mental Health from 2005

1. My son is depressed sometimes, frustrated with diabetes. I plan to take him to the endocrine counselor in three months. What can we do in the meantime? (15 Dec 2005)
  2. My son is skipping shots and not testing. He walked out of therapy. The therapist suggested a mental facility, but this seems extreme. What do you recommend? (28 Oct 2005)
  3. My seven year old is not coping well mentally after having two seizures that were not related to her diabetes? How do I deal with this attitude? (29 Sep 2005)
  4. My son has been in DKA several times over the past few years. I think it is related to his emotions. How can I help him? (13 Sep 2005)
  5. I feel my parents are nagging me about my diabetes. I have even considered suicide. What should I do? (18 Aug 2005)
  6. Do you know of any residential type settings for teens with diabetes who also suffer from emotional/behavioral problems? (2 Aug 2005)
  7. Do diabetes and blood sugar levels have an influence on mood swings? (8 Jun 2005)
  8. My teen daughter has type 1 and OCD. When her diabetes is in control, her OCD isn't. What should we do? Should I send her to a psychiatric ward? (1 Jun 2005)
  9. Tonight, my mood changed dramatically after supper, before my insulin. Could my mood change have been caused by my blood sugar? (20 May 2005)
  10. My 20 year old is not caring for her diabetes or thyroid condition properly? I think she may be depressed. She is refusing help. How can I help her? (15 Apr 2005)
  11. My teen son is angry, aggressive and threatening since his diagnosis. How can I help him? He already sees a psychiatrist and a counselor. (7 Apr 2005)
  12. Is there any correlation between long term type 1 diabetes and general apathy/depression? (1 Mar 2005)
  13. My dad, who takes insulin three times a day, has outbursts of anger that he says are related to his diabetes. Is this possible? (27 Feb 2005)
  14. Is there any information on panic disorders being linked to type 1? Will my blood sugars be affected by Paxil or Xanax? (19 Feb 2005)
  15. My son has been lying to me about his actual blood sugars, which are high. He also stated that he wants to die because diabetes his hard. Is this common? (18 Feb 2005)
  16. I skip shots to control my weight. I am in pain, tired, sad, and feel controlled by food and diabetes. What should I do before my appointment in March? (16 Feb 2005)
  17. Is it possible to become addicted to Prozac? Should I continue to overse my teen's diabetes while she is not eating and depressed? (14 Feb 2005)
  18. My daughter was diagnosed as bipolar. She did well on lithium, but was taken off it since it can cause kidney damage. Is there a way to handle the damage if she takes lithium? (28 Jan 2005)
  19. I've had type 1 for 24 years. I keep my blood sugars too low, taking too much insulin for meals. Should I meet with a psychologist or a dietary counselor for help? (28 Jan 2005)
  20. I have been checking my blood sugar up to 50 times a day, paranoid about lows. I have anxiety problems, too. Is this hormones or something else? (28 Jan 2005)
  21. My son is concerned about his lack of height. If his diabetes has stunted his growth, is there any way to help him grow? (22 Jan 2005)
  22. My son was diagnosed in October 2004. He is moody, angry, and sad. Is this an adjustment period? How can we help him? (17 Jan 2005)

[ Topical Index | Current Mental Health Questions | Questions from 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 ]