Other from 2012
- Is it okay for my sister to breast feed her daughter who was just diagnosed with type 1 and is in the ICU? The doctors at the hospital do not recommend it, but the pediatrician says it would be fine. (24 Dec 2012)
- Is it possible my 12-year-old daughter has a sensitivity to insulin? (31 Oct 2012)
- Because my daughter has type 1, is she at any risk when being vaccinated? She recently got the varicella vaccine. (3 Oct 2012)
- Do children with type 1 experience the need to wiggle their toes due to an irritating "itchy" feeling between them? My son often comments about this. (8 Aug 2012)
- My half-Finnish daughter has had type 1 for seven years. She has several related autoimmune issues. When she is in Finland visiting relatives, are there any studies in which she could participate? (8 Aug 2012)
- Our child's insulin is stored in the refrigerator until opened. With the storms and extended power outage in our area, what is considered safe for insulin storage? (26 Jul 2012)
- Now 18, I am short and have a lack of facial hair. Is this because I have high blood sugar? My Ac is 16+. (27 Jun 2012)
- Born without a pancreas, my adult son was not expected to survive. Where can he get financial help? Has his brain been affected by the many reactions he's had? If he has children, will they be affected? (23 May 2012)
- My son sleeps better when I give him cornstarch in his bottle. Why is it helpful? We have checked his blood sugars intermittently and they were in range. (17 Apr 2012)
- I had gestational diabetes and required a lot of insulin. My adolescent son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, then depression, then ADD. Are my son's issues related to my gestational diabetes? (10 Apr 2012)
- I have had lipohypertrophy that slowly disappeared, but I now have crater-like pits on both my abdomen and legs, where I inject insulin. How can I prevent more of these from appearing? (3 Apr 2012)
- Will an MRI with contrast affect my son's kidneys? He has had no kidney issues so far after 20 years with type 1. (29 Mar 2012)
- Can you recommend a pediatric endocrinologist in the Atlanta area? Are there any studies regarding the accuracy and superiority of one CGMS over the other(s)? (6 Mar 2012)
- My 12-year-old son often forgets to bolus for his snacks. Is there a way to use his pump or iPod or something else to help remind him to do so? (28 Feb 2012)
- My daughter used another child's lancing device at school, a drum-like device, which she said she turned. Should I be concerned about blood contamination? (8 Feb 2012)
[ Topical Index | Current Other Questions | Questions from 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 ]
Last Updated: Monday December 24, 2012 16:11:38
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2016. Comments and Feedback.